"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Thursday, June 24, 2010

What Did You Say?!?

Inspired by the high class, intelligent waitress I had at Hooters last night, I decided to write this blog. There is nothing that makes my day more entertaining than strange things that people say, frequently stupid things. Celebrities and politicians are constantly finding themselves in hot water for off-hand comments they make. Part of this blog will be dedicated to Apartment 621, a place where you could never tell what was going to be said or what was going to happen. Today, I want to share some of my favorite things people probably should have thought twice about saying.

"So you want to split these fries, like split them in half for the check."
-Lindsey, Hooters Waitress

"I did not have sex with that woman."
-Bill Clinton... yes Bill, you did have sex with that woman and so many more

Everything General Stanley McChrystal and his staff said to the reporter from Rolling Stone magazine. Costing yourself a highly respected and honored military career is, well, STUPID.

Miss South Caroline's answer at Miss USA about maps- unfortunate.

Something along the lines of birth control being a controlled substance
-Miss USA 2010 Rima Fakih
(I usually consider illegal narcotics a controlled substance)

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
- Joe Theismann

"Roll Tide."
- This comment made by any person is unfortunate

George Bush
(Yes, I like him so much, he gets his own section as well!)

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."

"Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?"

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Apartment 621

"OH MY GOSH!"- Jaclyn
"What?"- Ashley
"The stock market dropped 300 points today!"- Jaclyn
"Oh, I thought it was something important."- Ashley

"I was Snow White one time when I was little, but I should have been Cinderalla, it fits me more appropriately."- Ashley
"Why, because she sleeps all the time?"- Sunita
"NO, that was Sleeping Beauty!"- Ashley, Heather, and Jaclyn

"Where is Darfur?"- Sunita
"Isn't that in Mississippi?"- Ashley

"Why is Alabama's newspaper called The Crimson and White?"- Sunita
(I think that is self explanatory!)

"....some random statement about South America..."- Jaclyn
"Well, Mexico is part of South America!"- Ashley (Apt. 924)
(I think they need better geography teachers in the Eufaula City School system)


These are just a few examples of the millions of silly things that are said on a daily basis. Please share more entertaining quotes with me!




1 comment:

  1. how about when ashley thought that tim tebow's name was John because his eyeblack said "john 3:16"

    ReplyDelete