"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Monday, June 7, 2010

Oh yeah, it's me!

Congratulations blog readers! Today, you get to learn a little bit more than you already know about me. As I tried to develop a topic for my blog, I felt as though some of you might judge me a little or think I am too critical if you did not know me very well. This is your opportunity to get to know me, Jaclyn Rae Williams, before you judge me for what I may write about or analyze in the future. Get comfortable and get ready to learn! :)

1. I was named after my maternal grandfather, Jack Raymond Sanders. Granddaddy Jack passed away five days before my parent's wedding, so I never got to meet him, but I got my awesome name!

2. I have loved polka dots and the colors red and black since I was very young. The first outfit I picked out was red and black polka dots with Minnie Mouse on the shirt.

3. When I was young, no one could understand me when I was talking. I had to go to speech class with Ms. Janna Klages. You would never know it now that I am a college graduate with a degree in Communication.

4. When I was in preschool, I told my teachers that my Daddy had a dead baby in his trunk. In reality, he worked at the DA's office at the time and had to transport a baby's body to the crime lab in Montgomery. I only heard part of the story while listening to him on the phone. Needles to say, it makes for a good laugh, but I am pretty sure my teachers were a little concerned at the time.

5. I met my best friend Laura on the kindergarten hallway of Bluff City Elementary School the day we started kindergarten. Our Moms introduced us because they thought we would become good friends- they could not have been more right. (There might be some days they regret this. To this day, Laura is my G.

6. My favorite Halloween costume in elementary school was a birthday cake. I dressed up as a birthday cake, and Shelby dressed up as a cupcake. Yes, we were awesome little kids!

7. I clearly remember the first item I "saved" my money up to buy- the American Girl doll Samantha. I kept A Little Mermaid bag on the shelf in my closet and put any money I earned in that bag until I had enough to buy Samantha. I loved money then and buying big ticket items, nothing has changed!

8. I thought I was the bomb in elementary school because I was Vice President of the Student Council my fourth grade year and President my fifth grade year. We got to talk on the radio, which I also thought made me awesome.

9. Shelby and I had a dog from hell named Jingle. Jingle was a lovely gift from Santa, a gift we eventually wanted to return. Jingle ended up running away, and Shelby and I did not notice for two weeks. (our parents knew, they even searched for the little devil)

10. I was probably the only employed fifth grader. I started working in my Dad's law office on Martin Luther King Day my fifth grade year. After that, I worked on and off during school holidays.

11. I got detention in the seventh grade for flirting with the boys in the school store. Mrs. Estes was not very fond of me from the get go, that was my Dad and my Uncle Marty's fault.

12. My favorite hobby in middle school was mud riding. My family and the Bush family frequented the mud hole behind our house. For a girl that was never too excited about getting dirty, you would have never known it when I was on the four wheeler.

13. I was an Acteens drop out. I decided that hanging out with my Dad and his RA's at my house was a much better Wednesday night activity.

14. August 26, 2002, forever changed my life and the life of everyone close to me. God took my Daddy home that night- to say it was a shock is an understatement. Our lives have all been different since that day.

15. I was the only one of my friends that did not enjoy participating in homecoming activities. Rolling, Crisco fights, throwing eggs- just not me!

16. I loved Eufaula High School football. I was not allowed to be a cheerleader, but when the cheerleaders started slacking, I adopted their football players and took them prizes on game days!

17. I spent New Years Eve my senior year studying for DECA. I was determined to get on stage at the International DECA Conference that year- I succeeded.

18. I cry at every "last" football game I go to- that would be the last high school game of the year for that respective school. Seeing senior football boys cry brings back bittersweet memories of the Class of 2006 on the field in Alexander City after losing to Benjamin Russell. Even worse, it brings back memories of the Class of 2007 at Legion Field after losing the state championship game.

19. I am still not over losing the state championship game.

20. I met one of my other best friends in August of 2006. I got matched up randomly to live with two girls named Margaret Ann and Heather. Who knew Heather would become my other half.

21. I have met every member of Heather's family wearing my pink bath robe or a towel wrap. The first time I met her Mom, she thought we would hate living together and that it would never work out. Boy was she wrong- now I am like another one of her kids.

22. August 25, 2007, changed my life again. I lost my love Tylor that day. Tylor's death left a hole in my heart, but it gave me strength. Not a day goes by that I do not think about Tylor, his beautiful smile, big hugs, and the fabulous yellow rose he gave me.

23. I took the fall semester of my sophomore year off of school following Tylor's accident. I started working at Personal Touch, one of my most favorite jobs ever!!!

24. In April of 2008, I was hanging out with Haley Ates on a Friday night. Haley and I went to hang out with a bunch of guys her age. The boys were hanging out in the woods between Collinswood and Brookwood. I am scared of the dark, and I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. It was on my mission to leave the woods that I met Logan. Well, I knew Logan, but not very well. Through a series of random events, I began hanging out with Logan and his family. I can not imagine my life without Logan, Lindsey, and their parents.

25. My sister got the most precious ball of fur in July of 2008. Shelby named the baby Miss Priss. I never thought I could love a dog, but Priss stole my heart. She is undoubtedly the princess at my house, and she knows it.

26. My junior year of college I lived in Apartment 621 with Heather, Ashley, and Sunita. I did not know how all of this would work out in the beginning, but after a year of pure craziness I hated to see it end. Some of my best memories were made in Apartment 621.

27. I never understood the true meaning of freedom until August 7, 2009. On that day, I had the distinct honor of watching my best friend Jamie graduate from Parris Island, Marine Corps basic training. I now realize that each man or woman in uniform is someone's best friend, son or daughter, sister or brother, husband or wife. We are the land of the free because of the brave.

28. Football is my favorite sport. During football season, that is pretty much all that matters. (Sadly, this year, that will be different). I love my Auburn Tigers. I also avidly support the Troy Trojans and my best friend Jerrel Jernigan!

29. My new favorite song is "August Side of September." It is sung by Eufaula's own Haley Ates. In case you have not heard it, you should listen to it, it is beyond amazing.

30. My family and friends mean the world to me. There is nothing in this world that I would not do for someone that I love and care about. In my life, people and relationships are my #1 priority.

That's about all I have for today... hope you enjoyed learning a little Jaclyn trivia.

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!!:):) Especially #5!!!! Shelia and Yvette had no idea what they were getting themselves into by introducing us to each other!! Hahaha we were bestfriends immediately!!:)

    ReplyDelete