"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Only God Can Be My Judge

This morning, I received this poem written by someone very close to me. I love the poem because it exemplifies my exact feelings. I am a firm believer in the words of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.- "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but the content of their character." With each generation, the United States continually evolves and becomes a more accepting, diverse country; however, we have yet to fulfill Dr. King's dream. Sadly, some people in our nation do not realize that all people, regardless of skin color, were created equal.

My Life

I made my choice; it is the best for me
Some people in this world just don’t see.
I can close my eyes, but not my heart
It won’t ever keep us apart.
Trusting in God to be my guide
I am not ignorant nor have foolish pride.
He made each of us, he sees no mistakes
I will live my life and not be fake.
Being different has become a fear
I will stand tall even when I shed my tears
I have feelings that can’t go away
There is no shame, I allow them to stay.
In God’s image we were all made
He gave us life with the price He paid
Everyone is equal through His eyes
That fact is something most despise.
Opinions are given everywhere I turn
No matter what is said they just need to learn;
My heart is gentle, but not afraid to stand tall
Harsh things coming at me, I refuse to fall.
When my mind is made up I will not budge,
Just remember that God is my only judge.

I would consider myself a hypocrite if I did not believe that everyone was entitled to their own opinion. Our country would not be nearly as successful if it were not full of people with varying viewpoints and beliefs. Yet, I kindly request that when you choose to express your opinion, you do so very carefully. If you do not want to be considered ignorant or a full out idiot, then be extremely selective in wording your opinion and know the appropriate time and place. If you are sharing your thoughts with those closest to me or myself, do not be surprised if you get the following response, "Thank you for sharing your opinion, but quite frankly, I don't care." Remember, as so many tattoos state, "Only God Can Judge Me!"


2 comments:

  1. I love love love this! Beautiful poem(whoever wrote it). I agree 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT POEM!!!! So impressed!!:)

    ReplyDelete