"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ring Pops, Swimsuits, and a Little Vacation

For the past four days, I have listened to Benjamin talk about how he needed a ring pop. At first, I thought, righttt... how old are we again? Last night Chad gave in, and we went to the store and bought three ring pops. Now I am sure that Chad and I looked just adorable buying ring pops in our matching orange attire. As much as we laughed about the idea, our ring pop adventure turned out to be quite tasty. The three of us looked like young children walking around with ring pops on our fingers, making our lips sticky, and laughing about the whole experience. Honestly, I enjoyed the kickback to my childhood days, and I will be headed to Dollar Tree at some point to purchase a pack of ring pops!

Swimsuits. The mere thought of the word strikes fear in my heart. I am fully aware that I am not a size two; therefore, I choose not to strut around in a swimsuit. Shelby on the other hand is a size two, and when she walks around in her two piece or barely there one piece, it is a sight that makes all the boys stop and stare. I am not hating on my little sister at all, I have great respect for those women that show such dedication as to maintain the perfect swimsuit body. (I would rather eat ice cream and donuts....that would be the cause of the downfall of my not so much so swimsuit figure.) The one thing that most alarms me about swimsuit season are those people that don't recognize that they are not a size two and should not be strutting around in a string bikini. Swimsuits come in all styles and sizes to accommodate ladies with a variety of body types. I believe people of all sizes should be able to enjoy lounging by the pool or on the beach, but they should pick their swimwear with caution- that caution being that other people, like me, have to see them in it. Seriously, I think had Facebook not been invented, my moral opposition to inappropriate swimsuits would not be nearly as bad. I cringe anytime I see a spring break album that has been added, because I know it will more than likely contain some unsightly swimsuit shots. Yesterday, I saw the ultimate bad swimsuit photos. And I would like to say thank you to this individual, for you are the inspiration for my ranting and raving about others' swimming pool and beach attire.

Lastly, I am taking a little vacation today. Ok, it's not really a vacation, but I am not working. Since I start full time next week, I took today off to get some much needed cleaning and schoolwork done in preparation. I am now off to clean, study, and watch The View. Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment