"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First Blog of the Week

So, in short, this week has been a little hectic. I can not believe that this is my last full week of classes at Auburn. This morning, i gave my last presentation at Auburn. It's a week of "lasts" for sure. Tonight, I will be attending my Alpha Chi Omega chapter. It seems like yesterday that I received my bid on the lawn of the president's mansion, and I ran to the chapter room in Boyd Hall. Yet, today I will go to my senior chapter in The Village. Oh, how far we have come and how many things have changed since then.

For the past few months, I was extremely hesitant about leaving Auburn. I even considered staying in Auburn for grad school. As I walked across campus, I looked at the beauty around me and realized that I am actually very excited about moving to Montgomery this fall and starting law school. I believe the move is symbolic of my transition in life. I am leaving my college years and entering the adult world. I know I won't be working full time or paying all of my own bills yet, but my way of life and the people with which I surround myself on a daily basis will drastically change.

I have come to understand that Auburn is my safe place. After Tylor's accident, I came back to Auburn for a little while. My time here allowed me to heal and establish a place where I felt comfortable. Over the past two and a half years, I have matured and come to have a new understanding of life. I believe that living in Auburn provided the necessary peace I needed at that time in my life. Leaving Auburn at the end of the summer will be hard, but I know it will be the right move. My heart will always belong on the Plains, but leaving the Plains will allow me further grow.

Sadly, today is Allison's last day at work. We had a little farewell get together at lunch today. I most enjoyed the little game we played. Everyone had to say one thing they would miss about Allison. I spoke on behalf of Chris (b/c he wasn't there) and for myself! I think Chris will miss watching television with Allison and having her here to be the "responsible one." I will miss our many hours of Facebook stalking and story telling. Honestly, I will miss the friend I have made. I know Allison will be a tiny tiny bit sad when she leaves today, but once she is in France, she will be in heaven. Allison is very cultured, and I think we have all learned one thing or another from her while she has been in the College of Liberal Arts.

I am about to enjoy my last hour of being a part-time worker in the College of Liberal Arts. As of 7:45 A.M. tomorrow, I will be a full-time employee, and I will have big shoes to fill! We will all miss you Allison, au revoir!

1 comment:

  1. awww, i think i feel a tear welling up in my eye. haha. i really will miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete