"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Monday, April 19, 2010

My First Blog

Where do I even begin, but to say I absolutely love writing, so I thought starting my own blog would be the best way to express myself.  Currently, I am sitting in my Administration of Justice class.  It is hard to believe that my four years on the Plains are quickly coming to an end.  After this class, I will only have six class days left before finals and graduation.  
Also, this is my last week of "freedom" before I start working full time in the College of Liberal Arts.  I got very lucky last summer and landed a job working part time in the Student Services Office in the College of Liberal Arts.  Over time, my job has greatly evolved.  This semester my job in CLA has also served as my internship for Communication.  My dear friend Allison, a recent AU graduate, has worked the front desk of our office this year, and we just assisted her.  Sadly, Allison is leaving next Wednesday to spend TWO YEARS IN FRANCE!  I have to say that I am insanely jealous.  I don't know that she will miss our office as she enjoys living the French lifestyle, but we sure will miss her!  I got lucky enough to be Allison's replacement, but jeezz.... those are huge shoes to fill.  If you are looking for me this summer, you can find me 40 hours a week working in the College of Liberal Arts.  I might be an Auburn alumni in 3 and 1/2 weeks, but they can't get rid of me that easily! 
On a more serious note, I have a prayer requests for all of you prayer warriors.  Mr. Lee DeFee had quadruple bypass surgery this morning.  He came through surgery fine, but he will be staying in the hospital for a few days as is procedure.  I spoke to Logan a few minutes ago, and he told me he has been back to see him twice.  Over the past two years, the DeFee family has become very near and dear to my heart, and I ask that you all pray for their family as Mr. Lee continues to recover.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jaclyn! Congrats on beginning your BLOG! It will be fun to keep up with you this way! Can't believe you only have a few more weeks of college.

    ReplyDelete