"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Thursday, April 22, 2010

DRAFT DAY


I am a good ole' southern girl, born and raised on Southeastern Conference football! In my world, football only falls after faith and family. I absolutely cannot contain my excitement anymore! Today is one of my favorite days of the year.... NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE DRAFT DAY! I know, it's 12:16 A.M.- several hours until the draft officially begins. When Roger Goodell walks across the stage to announce the official beginning of the first round of the 2010 NFL draft, my heart will probably skip a beat. Yes, that is just how excited I am about it!

I might as well enjoy this years draft, because next year, I don't think I will be able to sleep the entire week before the Draft. I will be in law school, oh so focused on my studies, but that week I will have to divert a lot of attention into the happenings of the Draft. (My main interest is sports law, so it is sort of applicable!) Next year's draft will be more than nerveracking! Yes, it will be Jerrel's turn.

I can not believe that Jerrel's first three seasons at Troy have come and gone so quickly. As he enters his senior season, he is second in Troy school history for most number of receptions in a career and most number of receiving yards in a career. He currently holds the record for most number of receptions in a season (77- 2008 season). Yes, I know, I am a very proud best friend. Jerrel's Junior Pro Day is on Monday, and that is one of the first big steps as he prepares for his senior season and ultimately the 2011 NFL Draft.

I pray everyday that Jerrel will continue to be as successful as he has been over the past three seasons, and that his success will continue into his professional career. Today and into the weekend, I will sit back and enjoy the Draft. Next year, I will be baking cupcakes, picking up Willy T's, and preparing for one of the most exciting days of my best friend's life.

Draft Day 2010= COMPLETE EXCITEMENT, Draft Day 2011= I will need a valium (I should probably go ahead and put calling Dr. Jeff on my to-do list for that week)

No comments:

Post a Comment