"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's Been Too Long

Wow, it's been way too long since my last blog. Life has changed a lot since July 30th, so I will give you a run down on everything in my life. I am officially a resident of Montgomery, Alabama. I have had a lot of requests for pictures of my new apartment, and I will post a picture blog of my apartment sometime next week- I have just a few minor details left for it to be perfect! I start law school classes tomorrow, so I don't know how often I will get the opportunity to blog, but the following are a few things I realized since the beginning of the month:

1. As much as we all hope and pray, August comes around every year, and inevitably, something bad happens.
2. I would willing cancel my birthday if we could miss this month.
3. The older you get, the last spectacular birthdays become. Sad, but all too true.
4. I am blessed to have the most wonderful group of friends and family. Not many people can say that at the age of 22, their elementary school best friends are still their best friends. I can. Not only that, I have found some more pretty awesome friends since that time.
5. Law school will be manageable. It will take a lot of hard work and dedication, but I believe I am perfectly capable. After all, my Daddy graduated!
6. I am glad I love to read, write, and research, if not, I would be screwed.
7. As I hugged Jamie during our last visit before he returned to North Carolina, I did not want to let go. Letting go meant he was really leaving, it meant he is really going to Afghanistan all too soon.
8. Not everyone that is given a badge and the charge to protect and serve the people will bring honor to their office. Some individuals who should be working for the greater good of a community will ultimately fail at the task. In my hometown, this failure abounds.
9. My least favorite part of the month is yet to come. This year, I will not mourn the loss of two great men, but I will celebrate their lives. My life would not be the same had each of them not had a monumental impact on me. Everyday, I carry their love in my heart.
10. I am kind of a big kid now. I know that I do not pay my own bills yet, but I am more on my own now than ever. I love it!

I hope everyone has had a fantastic weekend! Love yall!

1 comment:

  1. Today we celebrate the great man for whom you are named. You never had the opportunity to meet him, but he would have been soooo proud of you. Keep your strenght and determination and you will survive the next three years.

    ReplyDelete