"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cleaning Facebook House



Today, I decided to turn over a new leaf. Quite frankly, I am tired of all the drama that occurs on Facebook. Briefly (very, very briefly), I considered deleted Facebook. What good would that do me or anyone else? So, I developed another alternative. I went through and "cleaned house." This simply means I deleted a whole lot of people off of my friends list. I am going to share some of the rules that I chose to abide by when making the call on whether to keep some as a friend or let the "facebook friendship" go!

1. If I would not say "hello" to you if I passed you walking down the street, then you have to go!

2. If your status frequently talks about people causing drama, when in fact you usually cause the problem, then you have to go.

3. If you intentionally cause problems for my friends, then you have to go.

4. If I have trouble reading your status because it is written in ebonics, you only get to stay if I really am interested in your profile or am actually good friends with you. (However, you do get hidden from my newsfeed!)

5. If I read your name and thought- WHO THE HECK ARE YOU- you definitely got deleted.

6. If your profile picture was strange or I did not recognize you, you got the "X."

7. If I know that you are nosy and creep my page, you have probably previously been deleted.

8. If you are just creepy in general, I hope I did not add you to begin with. In case I had a lapse of judgment and did add you, I assure you- we are no longer friends.

9. If my stalkeristic friends added you on my profile, you probably got deleted. If I do not know you and are not interested in your profile, I do not want you to be my friend!

10. If you are my boyfriend's ex (with whom I am not actually friends), I deleted you.

11. If I have known you all my life and we went to school together, I kept you as my friend.

12. If you are a member of my Alpha Chi pledge class or a participant in the 2009 Miss Auburn University Pageant, I kept you as my friend.

13. If you have a cute baby, I kept you as my friend.

14. If you post interesting statuses or pictures, I kept you as my friend.

15. If we are actually friends, we are still Facebook friends.

Anyone who is reading this blog, you are probably still Facebook friends with me, if not... refer to the above list, and you will be able to figure out why you got the "X."

6 comments:

  1. ha i love this. yes i made the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren! Well, I have known you a long time, so you def. made the cut!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm fairly sure that you're far too interested in the craziness that is my life to delete me from facebook haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this. I wish more would think like you and stop all the drama.

    ReplyDelete